Vandalia-Butler Preschool Program
Vandalia-Butler City Schools proudly offers a preschool program available to children ages 3 to 5.
Program enrollment is open to all Vandalia-Butler residents.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Our Preschool Team is very excited to venture into a partnership with you and your child. Our program complies with all State of Ohio preschool rules and regulations and Vandalia-Butler City Schools Board of Education Policies.
We believe that families are the first and primary teachers of children; therefore, we will continually strive to provide opportunities for all levels of family participation. We invite you to share your questions and concerns at parent evenings, in scheduled conferences, and in conversations with teachers.
It is because we value strong and healthy relationships between preschool and home that this Preschool Parent Handbook was created. Please take the time to carefully read this handbook because it does contain important information about your child’s program. Parent Handbook click here
As partners, we will grow and learn together as we develop your child’s fullest potential!
ELIGIBILITY / ENROLLMENT
- Children must be 3+ years of age and toilet trained to be eligible for participation in the preschool program.
- You must complete an enrollment packet in order to register your child for Preschool
- Registration Dates
- Children age 4+ by August 1 are eligible for registration beginning at 8:00 am on May 14, 2019.
- Children age 3+ by August 1 are eligible for registration beginning at 8:00 am on May 21, 2019.
- Questions regarding the preschool program can be directed to Shalyn Leighner.
- A quality experience for typical children and children with disabilities
- Small class sizes
- Language-rich environment
- Licensed qualified staff
- Transportation available through Vandalia-Butler Transportation Department (Fee)
- Transportation is available if the child attends the class session determined by residential location.
- South of I70 = Eligible for transportation to the AM Preschool Session
- North of I70 = Eligible for transportation to the PM Preschool Session
PRESCHOOL PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
- The Preschool Program is housed within First Light Church
- Classes are held Monday through Thursday
- AM Session (9:15 a.m. -11:45 a.m.)
- PM Session (12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL ON OR BEFORE THE 1st OF EACH CALENDAR MONTH!
- Tuition Fees: $130 per month
- Transportation Fees: $25 per month (if applicable)
- Materials Fee: $50 (one-time fee)
Fees can be paid using EZpay.
Developmental History Form Preschool Physician Form Dental Exam Form Transportation Request Form
The state requires that each student have a change of clothes in the preschool classroom. This needs to be sent in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name printed clearly on the outside. We suggested sending in a set of long pants with a short sleeve shirt, as this combination is appropriate for any season. Please remember that backpacks should be reserved for school materials only. Please refrain from allowing your child to store toys and other personal items that are not appropriate for school in their backpacks. The preschool is in constant need of the following supplies: facial tissues, baby wipes, paper plates, Ziploc bags, and paper towels. Any amount that you can contribute throughout the year is greatly appreciated.
Parking Lot Reminders
Many parents choose to drive their children to school. For the safety of our children, please observe the following guidelines:
- Use the outer parking lot when transporting your child to/from preschool when buses are in operation. Our buses use the driveway closest to the school; therefore, it is critical for parents to avoid this area during arrival (8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.) and dismissal (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) daily. Parents are not permitted to drive behind the school or use the west end of the school when dropping off or picking up children.
- Please park your vehicle in a specific parking space before students enter or exit the vehicle.
- When parents choose to have their child transported to school in a privately owned vehicle, the child needs to be walked to and from the front office in the building each day.
- Please remember to use the crosswalks when crossing through the parking lot and when crossing National Road.
- Be patient, be courteous, be safe, and remember… if one parent is not following the above-mentioned guidelines, it does not make it right to shadow them.